Over the past few years, business networking has transformed to accommodate the changing workplace environment, with more and more workers working remotely or on the go. Such a distributed network means increased vulnerabilities and needs for better measures to safeguard your central network against threats/attacks. Sophos Firewall, the world’s #1 Firewall and Cybersecurity solution, undergoes continuous updates to ensure your business can keep up with these changes.
Sophos Firewall enables you to extend your network, protection, and team capabilities. The new Sophos XGS Firewall series, compared to its successor Sophos XG Firewall series, has raised the network security standard to a whole new level. Sophos XGS Firewall features a new Xstream Flow Processor providing users with extra strong performance and complete protection. For a while now, Sophos has shifted its focus to Sophos Firewall and the Sophos Firewall OS (SFOS), i.e., an XGS firewall with the SFOS.
With the latest update of SFOS v19, Sophos Firewall has improved its SD-WAN, VPN, and networking capabilities. As a result, it is easier for businesses of all sizes to meet their networking needs while also enabling smoother day-to-day operations across your organisation.
Below are some highlights from the SFOS v19 update of the Sophos Firewall.
SFOS v19 Highlights
- X-stream SD-WAN uses the powerful Xstream Flow Processors in Sophos Firewall XGS Series appliances and results in up to a 5x VPN performance improvement
- Performance-based Link Selection routes your most essential traffic over your best performing WAN connection based on several factors, such as latency, jitter, or packet loss.
- Zero-Impact Transitions between different WAN links so that ISP outages or disruptions do not impact the end-user applications.
- SD-WAN Orchestration in Sophos Central allows quick and easy set up of complex site-to-site VPN overlay networks with just a few clicks.
- VPN Enhancements have made it easy to manage your site-to-site and remote-access VPN connections.
- New Search Capabilities enhance your ability to find what you need when building new rules, both in the product and in your networking objects.
- Device and Management Identity shows the device hostname in the browser tab and the active user ID in the upper right corner of the management console, making it easier to manage multiple firewalls and admin accounts at once.
- Per Connection Authentication allows you to handle multiple users coming from the same source address, such as for terminal services, Windows Remote Desktop, etc.
- AWS VPC can now import the VPC configuration XML file from AWS and automate the tunnel setup on your Sophos Firewall.
Upgrading to the all new Sophos Firewall OS v19
Sophos Firewall OS v19 is a free upgrade for all licensed Sophos Firewall Customers. Once installed, the upgrade should also be applied to all supported firewall devices. It will not only enhance your system performance but also deploy important security fixes to ensure your data and network are secure.
You can also visit the Sophos Licensing Portal to manually download the SFOS v19 and update it at your convenience.
The Sophos Firewall OS v19 is a fully supported upgrade. It is available on all form factors, including Sophos XGS Firewall series, Sophos XG Firewall Series, virtual and software applications, as well as various cloud platforms. You can schedule firmware upgrades from Sophos central for quick and hassle-free Firewall upgrades.
Partner with GS-IT to enjoy the latest, most powerful Sophos Firewall Upgrades & Solutions
Sophos has set global standards for Firewall performance and protection. We at GS-IT have partnered with Sophos to bring their best-in-class Firewall protection and technology to clients across the UAE. We ensure that you get the most out of your Firewall investment, bringing the most unique and latest features of Sophos Firewall solutions to your organisations. These include:
- Unmatched Visibility
Get superior visibility into risky activity, suspicious traffic, and advanced threats through industry-leading TLS inspection, dashboarding, and reporting.
- Powerful Performance
Sophos XGS Firewall Series delivers X-stream performance at every price point, perfect for today's distributed networks.
- Automated Response
With Sophos Synchronized Security, you can get instant reports about any suspicious activity on your network.
- Easy Cloud Management
You can centrally control all your Sophos products using Sophos central.
Contact GS-IT to build a Sophos Firewall solution that fits your network. We will work with you at each stage to ensure smooth deployment, round-the-clock support, and on-time license renewal to ensure your Sophos Firewall setup works perfectly within your unique work environment. Our team also ensures that your Sophos Firewall is upgraded and fully compliant to protect your system against the latest threat and provide powerful performance across your business network. Get in touch toda